I love making the list of what to gift almost as much as the actual procuring of the item. It’s fun to look through choices and try to find great matches for the people on my list.
I also love when those gifts can do good for someone else.
What I don’t love? Feeling like I can’t have both–a great gift someone will genuinely love that also does good. And I think I’m not alone in feeling like you have to choose between great presents and ‘do good’ presents.
Fortunately, the number of stylish, pretty, fun, and quality gifts that are also either Fair Trade or cause connected is increasing all the time. So, for the third year, here are some ideas to get your gifting going for 2014. I’ve got ideas for her and him, but I’ll be adding host, home, food and kids to my Pinterest board as I find them.
- Punjammies– pretty pajama shorts and pants created by women in India who wish to remain free from sex slavery
- Noonday– love this bracelet, but they have lots of really stylish jewelry and bags.
- Lines and Stripes bag, also Noonday
- TOMS + Target– all the items work on a 1-for-1 style model. Each item purchased also provides either meals, blankets, or shoes for others. I really like this sweater, which is substantial and cozy. It runs a bit small because it’s juniors, FYI.
- Della ipad cases
- Raven + Lily necklace– I just love everything they make because it’s beautiful.
- Raven + Lily candle – Mango + Grapefruit! (There are other scents too.)
- Raven + Lily journal– I can’t believe I could narrow to just three items to recommend!
- Alpaca Knit Handwarmers – It’s freezing here today. I want these.
- FashionABLE scarves are all great. This is my favorite.
For him, clockwise from top left:
- Sevenly Tie– This product helps save and improve the lives of people fighting muscle disease.
- Sevenly Tee– this product to First Descents, providing free adventure experiences for cancer fighters and survivors.
- Henley Sweater– Overstock.com has a HUGE fair trade section on their site.
- Lounge pants – so cozy, right? Fair Trade from Nepal.
So there are my finds. Any suggestions for me?