On the third episode of The Launch Podcast for Pomona Valley Church, we dive into a theological disconnect that impacts the effectiveness of the church: what exactly is the good news? If the answer is too narrow, it can become irrelevant. We explore the alternative: how a re-expanded understanding of the gospel, and a church that is trying to live out that re-expanded gospel might connect with people in a more compelling way.
On the atonement:
- Recovering the Scandal of the Cross by Joel Green
- The Very Good Gospel by Lisa Sharon Harper
- The Nature of the Atonement: Four Views
- A Community Called Atonement by Scot McKnight
- The Day the Revolution Began by NT Wright
Mentioned in the episode:
- Veneers on Instagram
- Bowling Alone by Robert Putnam
- Loneliness: Human Nature and the Need for Social Connection
- Lost Connections by Johann Hari
Reach us at pomonavalleychurch[at]gmail[dot]com!