If you are a podcast subscriber, you may have noticed that Episode 10 – Diversity, popped up again. We made some adjustments to that episode, based on valuable input from some people who are helping creating Pomona Valley Church.
In short, they felt like our first pass at a conversation about LGBTQ inclusion was, at a minimum, confusing: why only talk about two Biblical pathways to full inclusion? Are either of these “what the church thinks”? And most of all: given that this church will affirm the full inclusion of our LGBTQ siblings, was that clear enough?
So we took another pass at that section. The rest of the episode is the same. We hope it helps. And we said there, but would repeat here: we’d be so glad to talk about the value of diversity, in any of its expressions, further. We think these conversations happen best in a relational context, and we’d love to do that, if you’re so inclined.
Here are some related resources, which are far from comprehensive. If you would like to suggest a resource, please send me an email.
- The Reformation Project’s Resource Page
- Changing Our Minds: The Landmark Call for Inclusion of LGBT Christians by David Gushee
- GracePointe Church Dialogue – The Church and Full Sacramental LGBT Inclusion
- God and the Gay Christian: The Biblical Case in Support of Same Sex Relationships by Matthew Vines
- White Awake by Daniel Hill
- Divided By Faith: Evangelical Christians and the Problem of Race in America by Michael Emerson and Christian Smith
Get in touch at PomonaValleyChurch [at] gmail [dot] com.